Leftover Turkey in Creamy Mushroom Sauce
from Natashas Kitchen
- 2Tbspolive oil
- 1small onionfinely chopped
- 4Tbspunsalted Butter
- 3Tbspall-purpose flourgluten free flour works well too
- 1 1/2 to 2cupschicken broth(low sodium)
- 4-6Cupsleftover turkey meattorn into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2tspsea saltor to taste
- 1/8tspground black pepperor to taste
- 1TbspParsley to garnishoptional
Heat a large non-stick pan over medium heat. Add 2 Tbsp olive oil and diced onions and saut until soft and golden (4-5 minutes, stirring frequently). Add mushrooms to the pan and saut until soft and golden (5-7 min, stirring frequently). Remove mushrooms and onions from pan.
- In the same hot pan (no need to wash it), add 4 Tbsp unsalted butter. Once melted, whisk in 3 Tbsp flour. Cook, whisking continually until roux is a golden brown (1 1/2 to 2 min) then whisk in 2 cups chicken broth. Bring to a simmer and season to taste (I added 1/2 tsp sea salt and a pinch of black pepper).
Add add mushrooms/onions back to the pan. Stir in turkey and heat until turkey is just heated through. Garnish with finely chopped parsley if desired.