Spaghetti Squash Fritters with Lemon Dill Yogurt Sauce
Ingredients 2 cups cooked spaghetti squash, well-drained ½ cup onion, finely chopped (approx. ¾ medium) 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped 2 Tbsp. chives, finely chopped 2 large eggs, lightly beaten 1½ tsp. finely grated lemon peel (lemon zest) ½ cup panko bread crumbs, gluten-free 2 Tbsp. cornstarch (preferably GMO-free) ½ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt) ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated olive oil cooking spray Instructions Preheat oven to 425° F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Lightly coat with olive oil cooking spray. Set aside Combine spaghetti squash, onion, garlic, chives, eggs, lemon peel, bread crumbs, cornstarch, salt, and cheese in a large bowl; mix until thoroughly combined. Form spaghetti squash mixture into 12 ¼-cup patties. Place patties on prepared pan. Lightly coat tops with spray. Bake for 15 minutes, turning patties over after 7 minutes.
LEMON DILL YOGURT SAUCE
* 2 cups plain yogurt whole-fat or greek yogurt, substitute plain coconut yogurt for a vegan twist
* 1/3 cup fresh dill chopped
* 2 cloves garlic minced
* 2 tbsp lemon juice fresh-squeezed, if possible
* 1/2 tsp sea salt
* 1/2 tsp black pepper
* sprinkle lemon zest to top
* 1 tsp onion powder optional
* Combine yogurt, chopped dill, minced garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a bowl.
* Once thoroughly combined, add lemon zest to top of sauce for garnish.
* Refrigerate at least a few hours to overnight before serving to let the flavors meld.
* Enjoy! Use within one week.